[web-devel] Payment Processing

John Lenz jlenz2 at math.uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 16 03:01:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am in the middle of writing a small website in haskell, and am at the
point of investigating a payment processing solution.  Does anyone have
any experience?  As far as I can see, there aren't any libraries on
hackage.

I am strongly considering Google Checkout, since then I don't have to deal
with credit cards directly and can just let google do it.  So I am
considering starting a hackage library for google checkout, anybody
interested in helping out?  I think xml-enumerator with http-enumerator
should work well.

I have been thinking about the API such a package should have, and I am
currently leaning towards a combinator approach like blaze.  The google
xml schema for items [1] has so many optional parts that if we try and
define a record, it will have a ton of Maybe's in it.  Generating the xml
using a combinator approach seems better.  But this would only be my
second library on hackage, so any suggestions for how you think the API
should look are appreciated :)

Thanks,
John

[1] -