[web-devel] On moving Yesod-specific discussion to a separate list

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Mon Jun 27 16:46:11 CEST 2011

Chris, did you try filtering for Yesod just in the subject and not in the
body?

Jasper, you made some useful distinctions about what you would like to see
on web-devel. And if they were easy to follow, I would be for them. But I am
wondering if web-devel users will appreciate what is truly Yesod related and
what is using a library that is available to any web developer. Michael
already mentioned WAI. Another example would be the Persistent library. It
is almost entirely developed and documented by a few Yesod users. Most of
its usage is from Yesod users. However, users of other web frameworks use
Persistent. Another wrinkle- data storage is not a problem unique to web
development, and there are Persistent users that aren't even doing web
development.

Instead of phrasing things as what you would like to see on the mail list,
what are the *exact* instructions would you give to someone as to which mail
list to use?

Greg Weber