[web-devel] juliusFile in yesod 0.8 eating all memory

JP Moresmau jpmoresmau at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 15:52:53 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to Yesod 0.8. I've changed all my Strings into
Texts, and all my Data.JSON.Types into Data.Aeson.Types. I use these
JSON objects in julius templates, by adding the orphan instance:
instance (ToJSON a)=> ToJavascript a where
       toJavascript =toJavascript . toJSON

(Removing that instance causes compilation error, and I had it when I
was using json-types).
addJulius works fine when it contains Javascript code. However on one
page I use juliusFile to load an external template. This eats all my
memory and never returns under Warp when I launch the compiled exe (I
see "thread killed" messages in the console, though), and in GHCi
crashes with "out of memory".
The code hasn't changed and was working fine in yesod 0.7 before the
upgrade. If I remove juliusFile the page displays instantly.

Any idea? I'm a bit stumped. I suppose I'm going to remove each of my
variables in the julius file to narrow it down, but if anybody has any
insight...

Thanks!

--
JP Moresmau