[web-devel] yesod devel strangeness

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Apr 24 07:39:49 CEST 2011

Wow, this does seem to be a problem. It appears that loadDynamic never
loads a new version of the app. I can think of two approaches for
fixing this:

* Start the web server as a separate process, and kill/restart that
process each time a compile is successful (easier route).
* Ditch direct-plugins and write some code that loads the application
directly from the dist folder, hopefully avoiding this caching in the
process.

The first approach is probably easier to hack together, but the second
is better as a long-term strategy, since we want to avoid the need to
install apps anyway. I have no experience with dynamic code loading
besides the direct-plugins and plugins packages, so if anyone has
recommendations, I'm happy to hear them.

Michael