[web-devel] lucius docs

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Tue Apr 19 19:16:14 CEST 2011

Yes, Lucius is a css superset that supports nesting as per LESS [1] or Sass
(SCSS syntax) [2], and also has normal hamlet-style variable interpolation.
For those interested, there is a comparison of these 2 css superset
languages that goes over main features [3]. Much of the benefit of SASS at
least is derived from re-using css libraries (in an easy way that is not
possible with normal css) [4].

I think Lucius should somehow seek compatibility with sass to allow re-use
of css libraries if this is possible. One approach to this is to simply use
Sass instead of Lucius- and we could easily put hamlet style variable
insertion on top of it. Lucius will always be needed though to have only
haskell dependencies for an easy initial install and usage of Yesod.

[1] http://lesscss.org/
[2] http://sass-lang.com/
[3] https://gist.github.com/674726
[4] http://compass-style.org/docs/reference/compass/