[web-devel] Yesod 0.8 migration guide (release candidate?)

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Fri Apr 15 11:52:38 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I've put up the Yesod 0.8 migration guide[1]. I'm planning on releasing this
version of Yesod tomorrow night (Saturday, UTC+3). Now's your chance to try
and find those last few bugs before release.

I have one idea that I wanted to bounce around. The biggest thing in this
release is the transition to Text. Overall, this is a good move, but it's
just a little bit annoying to lose out on convenience functions like concat
and ++. As a convenience, I'm considering exporting the following from the
Yesod module:

    mconcat (from Data.Monoid)
    <> = mappend (from Data.Monoid)
    Text (the strict version, from Data.Text)

I know there was some talk a while ago of providing a <> operator in base,
but I haven't heard anything about it since. I think this could be a very
nice convenience, and would appreciate feedback.

Michael

[1] http://www.yesodweb.com/book/migrate7to8