[web-devel] Setting variables in hamlet forall

Max Cantor mxcantor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:51:40 CEST 2011

put me in the opposed category.

You can just as easily put:
  let formId rs = fromMaybe "" $ lookup $...

in the haskell function that loads the hamlet file then you just have to put
  #{formId rs}

in the hamlet.  I think adding syntax should be done only when very necessary.  seems like a very small win here at a big cost.

yes, if you have a situation where many handlers are calling the same hamlet file, there might be some duplication, but then you can always raise the formId function to a top-level function.

max