[web-devel] Need a subsite example/tutorial/documentation

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Thu Mar 17 18:29:40 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:07 AM, <vagif.verdi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build an intranet web app that would need access control
> (different modules are allowed/denied to different groups of users).
>
> I am thinking about putting a handle that checks credentials and then lets
> routing to continue to match the rest of the route.
>
> /app/moudle1 <- Here i check the credentials
> /app/moudle1/path1 <- If credential are OK, then the handler falls in here.
> /app/moudle1/path2
>
> How do i do that with yesod ? Is it something that needs a subsite ? I
> would
> appreciate a small example. It would help me a lot.
>
> You can look at the static subsite or some of the other existing ones. You
should be able to avoid a subsite by checking the url in the auhorization
callbacks. The community would find some kind of authorization library
useful if you manage to generalize your approach.

> -----------------
>
> Another question, Is there a way a automatically and transparently for
> developer encrypt part (or all ) of the url. Like this:
>

> www.website.com/app/jshdfbjkshabfjhvkjvjaksvdfjhvasjdhvfkjshadfhjasdhfkjasfjsvahf

This seems possible using a custom route piece type and/or url rendering
overrides.

where the encrypted part will be converted to normal route by the rounting
> handler, and when urls are generated, encrypted back. Of course using a
> separate key for each user/session.
>
> Regards,
> Vagif Verdi

Greg Weber