[web-devel] Wrapping the widget generated by the authEmail backend.

Christian Klauser ch27k89 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 11:38:00 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christian Klauser <ch27k89 at gmail.com>
Date: 4 January 2011 11:35
Subject: Re: [web-devel] Wrapping the widget generated by the authEmail backend.
To: Nubis <nubis at woobiz.com.ar>

Hi,
I hit the very same problem a couple of days ago. You can certainly
just build a "compatible" form (with the same field names) and that
will just work fine. If you want to use the hamlet provided by the
plugins, here is what I did:

loginHandler = defaultLayout $ do
       setTitle $ string "Login"
       tm <- liftHandler getRouteToMaster
       let renderPlugin :: AuthPlugin YourSiteHere -> SubWidget Auth
() -- necessary
           renderPlugin = flip apLogin tm
           openidForm = renderPlugin authOpenId
           emailForm = renderPlugin authEmail
       addWidget $(widgetFile "login")

In 'login.hamlet' I can then use ^openidForm^ and ^emailForm^ like any
other widget. Neat as it is, you'll still have a hard time styling
these login forms, as don't have any CSS classes assigned to them. It
will be difficult to distinguish between %input!type=text and
%input!type=submit, so you might end up re-creating those forms anyway
:-(

Hope this helps

Regards
Chris