Amazon EC2 and haskell *Was: [web-devel] MochaHost for yesod
mxcantor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 17:18:43 CET 2010
I've started up with amazon EC2. They give you a free micro instance to get a feel for it. No arch, you're stuck with ubuntu, which seems to be alright. I have a small yesod based system running there.
- easy to massively scale up
- big trusted name
- data centers in the US (both coasts), APAC (singapore) and Europe.
- If a bunch of haskellers start using it, perhaps there will be better community AMIs (amazon machine image) for haskell to save us all a lot of setup.
- complete roll your own solution
- big trusted name (not the most personal service)
On Nov 14, 2010, at 3:43 PM, Nubis wrote:
> I've decided to look for a cheap VPS where I can compile and run yesod applications using the latest and greatest haskell platform.
> I couldn't find any sane CGI/FastCGI shared host options. I'm even inclined towards developing some sort of heroku.com clone for apps running on WAI so we can solve the deployment issue for most people once and for all.
> I don't want to go with some obscure hosting I've never heard about and it has to be cheap (Argentinian budget). I've found mochahost has a pretty cheap VPS service with some cool OS choices.
> Just thought the information may be useful for someone in the same situation as me, but I would like to hear if anyone has tried mochahost or even found an even more convenient choice for VPS.
> ----nubis :)
> web-devel mailing list
> web-devel at haskell.org
More information about the web-devel