[web-devel] haskell web development with a restricted shell account

Peter Gammie peteg42 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 05:51:57 EDT 2010

On 03/07/2010, at 7:00 PM, Nils Schweinsberg wrote:

> On 01.07.2010 17:17, Markus Läll wrote:
>> I have a noobish question -- what are my chances of doing web
>> development on a host, where I have restricted shell access?
>>
>> Like, if I can copy programs to my own folders, then I could also copy
>> a version of GHC and run that with my .hs files through a cgi folder,
>> or maybe I could compile my programs and copy those executables to the
>> cgi folder?
>
> Jup, you usually compile a haskell web application. So you just upload your binary, run it inside a screen/tmux session and you're ready to go.

Almost. You'll probably want to statically link your binary, unless your host is very similar to your development box.

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Practical_web_programming_in_Haskell#Deploying_statically_linked_applications

I hope things are better than they were with 6.8!

cheers
peter

--
http://peteg.org/