[web-devel] Re: [Haskell-cafe] Google Summer of Code: BlazeHTML RFC

Matt Parker moonmaster9000 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 12:19:59 EDT 2010

Blaze HTML looks wonderful to me (especially with the do notation), and
better then Hamlet for one reason: writing idiomatic haskell for stuff like
this:

ul $ forM_ [1, 2, 3] (li . string . show)

instead of the Hamlet style:

%ul
  $forall children.person child
    %li $child$

which, i don't know, for some reason, made me feel like i was back in PHP
land.

-matt

The problem i have with Hamlet is the "forAll x xs" stuff