[web-devel] Re: [Haskell-cafe] Google Summer of Code: BlazeHTML RFC

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Thu May 27 07:08:04 EDT 2010

As a user, I have too many HTML generators, a few of them with Ajax and none
with server-side event handling (like ASPX or JSPX).  Ajax is complicated
but server side event handling is  what I really miss because it is simple
 from the user point of view, my ervents could be handled in haskell code
rather than in javaScript and I  implicitly could  use the advantages of
 dinamic HTML and Ajax without the need to know them at all.

Imagine a dynamic Web application  with 100% haskell code made with dynamic
widgets created by third party developers.

So, anyone want to create a HTML templating system with server side event
handling? It is not terribly hard to do. (I refer to ASP.NET documentation
or the JavaServer Faces framework).

By the way, I vote for XML templating or else, combinator templating that
produce XHML templating because it can be handled by a future graphical IDE.