[web-devel] Re: ANNOUNCE: yesod 0.2.0

Gour gour at gour-nitai.com
Mon May 24 13:52:29 EDT 2010

On Mon, 24 May 2010 21:35:04 +0400
>>>>>> "Andrey" == Andrey Popp <8mayday-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

Andrey> Don't you think, that ability to deploy on shared hosting is
Andrey> overvalued feature, I mean VPS are quite cheep and that's
Andrey> definitely not an issue to buy one and setup your web
Andrey> application with your favourite web-framework. Python people
Andrey> don't bother about shared hosting solutions, while Python
Andrey> implementation are much slower than GHC ;-).

No!

It is not question about cheap or expensive hosting, but, in my case,
my time that should be used for maintaining the whole VPS (mail
server, database server etc.) plus security issues etc. is more
precious than cost of the hosting.

Otoh, with e.g. Webfaction I get all these for free, taking care only
about web-stuff.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6