[web-devel] web-routes-quasi

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Mon Apr 12 11:05:27 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:44 AM, Alberto G. Corona <agocorona at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I´m involved in the development of an application server (not a framework)
> with rather different goals than Yessod (its´nt so elegant). I will tell
> more about it whenever there is something solid enough to play with it.
>
> Just a few questions to clarify my mind:
>
> When you mention WAI you mean Web Access Initiative? I checked your
> Network.WAI package and it seems that gzip facilities and so on have nothing
> in common with usability and accesibility issues.
>
> No, it stands for Web Application Interface. It's a standardized interface
between web applications and web servers, so you can write an application
once and have it run on multiple backends, eg CGI, FastCGI, stand-alone
server.

> - Could you point me to documentation about web-routes? I´m in the internet
> business since a few years, so I suspect that I know this with another name.
>
> Thank you a lot.
>
> web-routes is not yet released; the code is available at
http://src.seereason.com/web-routes/. I believe Jeremy will be releasing it
in the not-too-distant future, and there will be more documentation
available then. I also just wrote a blog entry[1] that tangentially
addressed it.

Michael

[1] http://www.snoyman.com/blog/entry/whats-cooking-with-yesod/