[web-devel] The state of documentation (was What frameworks are there?)

Simon Hengel simon.hengel at wiktory.org
Fri Apr 9 02:36:51 EDT 2010

> You're 100% correct about the state of documentation. I think we need
> to figure out a nice, centralized place to put up quality Haskell
> documentation, and actually work at it.

My feeling is that we lack mostly short, tutorial-style introductions,
that just get you started with a topic/library.

Ideally we'd have a way to automatically verify (say test) that those
examples actually work. Haddock 'head' has some very new and immature
support for 'examples', and I'm working on integrating it with my
DocTest package.

Besides that, a way to write larger tutorials (that we can test) would
also be nice.

> I'm more than open to better suggestions. I'll also appreciate any
> help in improving my documentation.

I'm working on a (very) short introduction to WAI, not sure when I'll
have time to finish it.

Cheers,
Simon