[web-devel] ANN: Salvia-1.0.0
sfvisser at cs.uu.nl
Sun Mar 21 12:07:01 EDT 2010
Straight from Zurihac: I'm very pleased to announce the 1.0.0 release of the Salvia web server.
Salvia is a feature rich web server and web application framework that can be used to write dynamic websites in Haskell. From the lower level protocol code up to the high level application code, everything is written as a Salvia handler. This approach makes the framework extremely modular and extensible.
This release include the following stack of packages:
* salvia-protocol: Protocol stack containing URI, HTTP, Cookie and Mime.
* salvia: Basic server interface and implementation.
* salvia-extras: Additional server handlers and back end implementation.
* salvia-sessions: Session and user management support.
* salvia-websocket: Cutting edge HTML5 web socket support.
* salvia-demo: Demo servers showing how to use Salvia.
All the code is on Hackage and the source repositories can be found on GitHub.
Most of the basic ideas of the previous Salvia release are still in these package, but all the code has been cleaned up considerably. There is now a very strong separation between interface and implementation making it more easy to plug-in new back-ends for your web application.
To do a full install first run `cabal update' followed by `cabal install salvia-demo'. Now you can run the salvia-demo command and point your browser to http://localhost:8080/ .
Thanks to the people that helped me with coding, suggestions and bug-reports. Any comments/suggestions are welcome!
 http://hackage.haskell.org/package/salvia (-protocol, -demo, etc)
 http://github.com/sebastiaanvisser/salvia (-protocol, -demo, etc)
More information about the web-devel