[web-devel] A separation of concerns
chris at eidhof.nl
Mon Mar 15 16:00:56 EDT 2010
On 15 mrt 2010, at 17:57, Johan Tibell wrote:
> There are lots of small libraries that are still missing. For example
> an equivalent of Python's urllib, a really fast and *simple* HTTP
> server, a high-performance and *full features* database library for
> working with e.g. MySQL, etc.
Ok, so let's try to make a list. Here's some stuff I would like to see.
"Low level" stuff
- Fast, simple HTTP server with no abstractions
- IMAP library
- abstraction of relational databases (something like HaskellDB? based on Takusen?)
- abstraction of nosql databases
- purely functional databases (something like Happstack?)
- a good URL routing library (where you can only produce and link to valid urls)
- a serializable continuations-based library (especially the serializable part is hard), something like Clean's iTasks.
- High-performance HTML combinators
- generic programming for the web
- simplified formlets
Please add to this list or expand where necessary. Maybe we should put this on a wiki page.
More information about the web-devel