[web-devel] Re: consolidating Haskell's web-framework scene

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Mar 14 12:06:07 EDT 2010

Sorry, my other message is being held for review because it was more than
5kb, but I came up with two other ideas of projects to work on:

The Gzip middleware in wai-extra is currently a bit of a hack since it
converts the Enumerator response body to a lazy bytestring. It would be nice
if there were a gzip compression library that consumed and produced
Enumerators instead of lazy bytestrings.

Another relatively simple task would be porting hack-handler-fastcgi to use
WAI. The hack library is just built on top of hack-handler-cgi, so simply
dropping in wai-extra and the Network.Wai.Handler.CGI module should be all
it takes.