[web-devel] [BUG] in WAI definition

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:03:37 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Manlio Perillo
<manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
> Johan Tibell ha scritto:
>> I haven't given the WAI specification much attention since I first
>> wrote it. Mostly because I'm caught up in thinking about enumerators
>> and their role in e.g. an HTTP server implementation.
>
> Do you have any result?

Yes and no. Hyena used to mix imperative and iteratee style code
internally, making the code hard to work with and certain HTTP
features hard to implement correctly. It now uses iteratees
everywhere. This makes for a more robust and easily extensible
implementation. To give you an example I had a hard time implementing
pipelining using the old implementation. That should be much easier
now.

I still don't know iteratees place in the grand scheme of things. I
don't even know what's a general, well performing and easily graspable
definition would look like!

In summary: I have *a* definition of iteratees that works. I just
don't know if there's a better one.

Cheers,

Johan