[web-devel] A light-weight web framework

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Mon Apr 9 17:20:49 EDT 2007

My priorities:

* Make storage and client stuff transparent to server side developer

* Use in memory haskell data structures to represent state.
   + rely on MACID for persistence
   + no type errors from app/db inconsistency
   + isolate schema change risk to deserialization from disk
   + no need for extra mem-cache plumbing!

* Atomatic conversion to/from wire format types to haskell data types in
   my app.  Auto-parse/generate JSON/XML/URLEncode.

* Scaling should be really really easy

* easy integration of multi-protocol services e.g. IRC, SMTP, HTTP in one app.
   See HPaste and Pass.net.

* develop in Haskell.

-Alex-