[Template-haskell] Release

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Fri, 23 May 2003 13:15:27 +0100

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 11:26:31AM +0100, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> My suggestion would be to back out Ian's changes until we evolve a
> consensus.  The consensus may ultimately turn out to be exactly what Ian
> has done, but it's probably sensible to avoid the risk of TH users
> having to make a double change.
>
> Renewed apologies for not bleating earlier about this.
>
> ok with you, Ian?  (It's easy to re-apply the patch later, so there's no
> danger of losing the work if we end up adopting it.)

How about backing it out in the 6.0 branch but leaving the HEAD as-is?

The reason being that I also rearranged some bits, added a few type
signatures and things so I think it would be easier to re-rename from
the current HEAD. Also wouldn't have to worry about merging with any
changes between now and concensus.

TH users would then be strongly advised to use the 6.0 branch until
things settle down.

Thanks
Ian