[reactive] Bounce

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Thu Nov 20 21:19:01 EST 2008

Hi Greg.

I'd use a couple of integrals and a snapshot, and the result would indeed be
recursive.  I carefully designed the semantics of reactivity to make this
sort of thing possible.  In particular, switcher switches immediately after
event occurrences.  Not "one tick" or some such (since Reactive is based on
continuous time), but really immediately.  Thus snapshotting a behavior at
the moment it switches gets the pre-event-occurrence value.  This sort of
formulation worked fine in Fran and was great fun.

Now here's the temporary bad news:  Currently, there's a bug in the Reactive
implementation, and this sort of (recursive) example locks up. :(  Creighton
is looking into it.  http://trac.haskell.org/reactive/ticket/1 .

  - Conal