[nhc-users] GUI ?

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 05:37:39 EST 2005

Mike Thomas <mthomas at gil.com.au> writes:

> > Is there a GUI package that works with nhc?
>
> A year or so I made sure that the JAPI library binding worked on both
> GHC and NHC98 - JAPI being an external third party C wrapper around a
> Java GUI.  It ain't the fastest, nor the best tested, nor supported (by
> far on all counts), but hopefully you won't need to work hard to get it
> running.  I only tested on Windows, but I would expect it to work on Linux.

Note: The JAPI binding is not built by default when you build nhc98,
but it is pretty easy to insert it as an extra step.

    $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at glass.cse.ogi.edu:/cvs login
    Password: cvs
    $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at glass.cse.ogi.edu:/cvs checkout nhc98
    $ cd nhc98
--> $ edit Makefile	$ add "Japi" to definition of PACKAGEBUILD
    $ ./configure
    $ make basic
    $ make install

You then need to add "-package Japi" to your normal program compile
commands, along with "-ljapi" (or whatever) to link in the original
C japi library.

Regards,
    Malcolm