[nhc-users] GUI ?

Mike Thomas mthomas at gil.com.au
Tue Mar 1 01:07:32 EST 2005

John Velman wrote:
> Please excuse me if this is obvious, or if it's obvious how to get one of
> the GUI packages listed on the Haskell website to work with NHC, but the
> ones I've looked into all seem (to me) to be dependent on GHC.
>
> Is there a GUI package that works with nhc?

Hi John.

A year or so I made sure that the JAPI library binding worked on both
GHC and NHC98 - JAPI being an external third party C wrapper around a
Java GUI.  It ain't the fastest, nor the best tested, nor supported (by
far on all counts), but hopefully you won't need to work hard to get it
running.  I only tested on Windows, but I would expect it to work on Linux.

It is (or at least was) in CVS.  Examples are provided and are the only
documentation.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.