[nhc-users] Documentation query

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:00:33 +0100

> What's the best way to figure out what components of the FFI
> nhc98 supports in which version?  RTFS?

The nhc98 web pages (included in the distribution) have some notes
on what is supported and what is not.

    http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/nhc98/ffi.html

The contents of the FFI library itself is best read directly from
the sources:

    nhc98-1.08/src/prelude/FFI/*.hs

Basically very little has changed w.r.t to our support for the FFI
during the last year.  In particular, we have not yet updated to the
latest version of the standard where the external entity string was
introduced.  This is on the TODO list.  Hence, the feature set was
essentially stable from 1.00 right up to 1.08.  (A few error-handling
functions - getErrNo, mkIOError, throwIOError - were added to the FFI
library at Qrczak's suggestion in v1.04.)

Regards,
    Malcolm