Make Eq type class single method

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 14:18:51 UTC 2021

So one thing I’d like to highlight, that I don’t know if we could bake into
ghc safely and might not be relevant here is:

At least in some cases, implementations of EQ may use
“reallyUnsafePtrEquality#”, as a never false positive check that two heap
values are the same heap object. Naively this seems like it’s probably
orthogonal to the matter of Eq being a single or double method type class,
but I figure it’s worth asking out loud