New CLC proposal process

Julian Ospald hasufell at posteo.de
Tue Nov 2 18:39:30 UTC 2021

Well,

this confirms my disappointment.

Wasn't the intention of a reboot to fix the disengagement of the current
CLC?

>From reading this thread, my impression is rather that this
disengagement has been formalized in the form of a proposal process and
a statement that the "Core libraries comittee" is no longer responsible
for the "Core libraries", which I find rather odd.

It is my personal impression that the community wants an engaged CLC
that is able to moderate discussions, help with projects related to the
core libraries and possibly make decisions that are entirely technical
and bear no political nuances.

These core libraries are the first thing everyone getting into haskell
is going to interact with. Having a fragmented set of maintainers
without a body that connects them sounds like a terrible idea.

Cheers,
Julian