[RFC] Support Unicode characters in instance Show String

Travis Cardwell travis.cardwell at extrema.is
Thu Jul 8 23:04:40 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 3:18 AM Hécate wrote:
> I guess this is the perfect time to come up with a Render typeclass that
> targets end-users rather than satisfying 'read . show = id'.

This is the primary motivation of the TTC (Textual Type Classes)
library: <https://hackage.haskell.org/package/ttc>.

It provides a Render type class that is analogous to Show and a Parse
type class that is analogous to Read.  No instances are declared so that
users of the library can implement instances as required for each
application, but default instances for core types are available.

Travis