Why base library changes are only discussed on GHC issue tracker and not on the libraries@ list?

Hécate hecate at glitchbra.in
Wed Jul 7 20:52:16 UTC 2021

I would like also to address the fact that the CLC's communication
efforts suffer from a lack of attention that undermines its legitimacy
when decisions like the ByteArray relocation are taken.

I understand it is the CLC's prerogative to undertake such changes, but
this is typically the kind of thing that warrants an announcement, and I
bet people on this list would have wanted to learn about it through
official channels rather than in the middle of a recriminations thread.
Being a good communicator is indeed part of the required qualities of a
core maintainer¹, it is a shame that this situation is not taken care of.

Best regards,
Hécate

¹ https://wiki.haskell.org/Core_Libraries_Committee#Maintainer_qualities