Diagonalization/ dupe for monads and tuples?

chessai chessai1996 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 20:44:12 UTC 2020

*noun*
/ˈd(y)o͞opləkət/

   1. 1.
   one of two or more identical things.
   "books may be disposed of if they are duplicates"
   2. 2.
   short for duplicate bridge.
   3.

*verb*
/ˈd(y)o͞opləˌkāt/

   1. make or be an exact copy of.
   "they have not been able to duplicate his successes"

duplicate is a verb which means to make a copy of something. this is the
definition I have in mind when I see

dup :: a -> (a, a)

Of course the root of duplicate itself means two, but duplicate the verb
does not mean two.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in having more than 3 or 4, since that's
where you should have a datatype. And my interest for 3 and 4 is already
very low.