Improving Random

dominic at steinitz.org dominic at steinitz.org
Wed May 27 11:23:03 UTC 2020

Hi Carter,

With respect to migration, most people will need to make no changes. We have built all the packages in hackage against the proposed new version (1.2) and there have been very few breakages and, where there have been, the fix is very simple. For example, for `buffon-machines` the patch is just

> -import System.Random
> +import System.Random hiding (uniform)

So most people will have zero pain and we have PRs prepared for those few packages that are impacted.

I think Alexey has already answered the question on deprecation.

Dominic Steinitz
dominic at steinitz.org
http://idontgetoutmuch.org
Twitter: @idontgetoutmuch