random library: Request for Carter Tazio Schonwald (@cartazio) to step down as maintainer with immediate effect

Fumiaki Kinoshita fumiexcel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 07:17:07 UTC 2020

For example video call is not a great method for me because of the
following reasons:

* I'm not a good English speaker (especially I sometimes have difficulty
with colloquial American English)
* I live in a different timezone
* I prefer open communication

Although it's totally fine that you have a preference, I have no doubt that
core library maintenance should have more acceptance and transparency.

I hesitated talking about this because issues might get
locked/edited/deleted, and the participants might get accused of being
"thick headed assholes" again like you did in
https://github.com/haskell/vector/issues/267#issuecomment-579588727, but I
must say:
Frankly, it feels extremely unfair that you ask us to focus on "technical
matters" (which excludes maintenance for some reason) only, while you
frequently use non-technical reasons (your diseases and the situation in
New York) as an excuse. Your asthma doesn't rub me in the wrong way; your
tyrannous behaviour does. With all due respect I suggest you not to use
CLC privileges to cope with your personal stresses.