[core libraries] Call for Nominations

George Wilson george at wils.online
Thu Jan 16 22:44:36 UTC 2020

Dear Haskellers,

We're putting out a call for new nominations (typically but not
necessarily self-nominations) to the Core Libraries Committee.

We have one open slot, as Ryan Scott has chosen to step down from the
committee. At the same time, Edward Kmett is stepping down from his
role as chair. Edward will remain on the committee as a regular member
for the duration of his term. Once we have filled Ryan's seat, the
committee will decide on a new chair.

To nominate yourself to the committee, please send an email to
core-libraries-committee at haskell.org by the 17th of February, 2020.
Please feel free to include any information about yourself that you
think will help us to make a decision.

Being a member of the committee does not necessarily require a
significant amount of time, but committee members should aim to be
responsive during discussions when the committee is called upon to
make a decision. Strong leadership, communication, and judgement are
very important characteristics for committee members.

The core libraries committee acts as the maintainer of the core
libraries mentioned on
https://wiki.haskell.org/Library_submissions

For the most part members maintain individual libraries under the
maintainer guidelines for Haskell, but there are occasional
"barn-raising" style calls for discussion and decision whenever things
need a broad enough mandate.

We seek a broad representation from different segments of the Haskell
world -- including but not limited to those focused on education,
those focused on industrial applications, those with a background in
organising users-groups, and those focused directly on our technical
infrastructure.

More details about the committee's roles and responsibilities are on
https://wiki.haskell.org/Core_Libraries_Committee

If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to
e-mail us at core-libraries-committee at haskell.org (cc'd), or
contact one of us individually.

Kind regards,
George Wilson on behalf of the Core Libraries Committee