[core libraries] Re: haskell/bytestring stalled?

George Wilson george at wils.online
Sun Jan 12 08:32:07 UTC 2020

According to this [table], bytestring is a boot library, so by reason
3 listed in  [libraries], I believe bytestring already comes under the
CLC. In that case, the latter page should be updated.

It's possible the committee could provide some assistance on the
backlog of issues and PRs. But working on one of the high performance
libraries like bytestring (another example is vector) requires
delicate care, so I think for the most part it would be difficult for
committee members to help in a "drive-by" capacity. I too am
interested in whether Duncan and Herbert would find another maintainer
helpful.

[table] https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/commentary/libraries/version-history
[libraries] https://wiki.haskell.org/Library_submissions#The_Libraries

Cheers,
George

On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 at 05:07, 'Simon Jakobi' via
haskell-core-libraries <haskell-core-libraries at googlegroups.com>