Expanding Data.Foldable documentation with overview prose (pre-MR feedback requested)

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Wed Dec 23 08:19:51 UTC 2020

> On Dec 20, 2020, at 8:15 PM, Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-dane at dukhovni.org> wrote:
>
> I am asking because I am writing some expository prose for
> Data.Foldable, to go at the bottom of the document, structurally along
> the lines of what I contributed for Data.Traversable, but with a fairly
> different focus.  The goal is draw careful distinctions between
> strict recursive and lazy corecursive reductions, explaining their
> proper usage and typical implementations.

The draft version can be seen at:

  https://imrryr.org/~viktor/haskell/foldable-doc/Data-Foldable.html

along with a pre-formatted Data.Traversable (already merged some
months back, but may not yet be easy to found in formatted form):

  https://imrryr.org/~viktor/haskell/foldable-doc/Data-Traversable.html

Any feedback appreciated... Is this roughly ready for an MR, or are there
any changes that are needed first and best discussed on the list rather
than via Gitlab?

--
	Viktor.