haskell/bytestring stalled?

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 07:19:54 UTC 2019

Hi Simon,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 12:43 AM Simon Jakobi
<simon.jakobi at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Your email prompted me to review a few PRs today:

Thank you, reviewing PRs is one of the things that definitely helps
and what I was hoping for when I wrote

> That being said, if you or others want to help out with projects I (co)maintain such as `bytestring`, please get into contact with me. There are things you can do to help with the review of PRs and other tasks that benefit from as many hands or eyes as possible and which would reduce the workload during the focused batch-phase when the careful dedicated release processes is initiated.

But please; let's coordinate directly -- we've done so frequently via
Hangout during your GSOC in the past -- than devolving into unhelpful
public shade-throwing at how maintenance is currently performed; that
is, if the goal is to actually help the project.

-- Herbert