Proposal: Formalise rules for how names are chosen for approved proposals

Daniel Cartwright chessai1996 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:12:07 UTC 2018

Currently the decision of a name has been left to LML, but I can see
leaving it to the Core Libraries Committee (CLC) as being a potentially
good idea. One problem with that is fewer people = fewer chance for a good
name. I know many programmers have trouble naming things all the time. Good
names are hard to come by, and by leaving it to the LML we can hope that
statistically that one of the best names will win.