Taking over maintainership of 'flexible-defaults'

Peter Simons simons at nospf.cryp.to
Mon Jun 11 16:33:22 UTC 2018

Fellow Haskell Hackers,

I would like to take over the package 'flexible-defaults' [1] on Hackage,
which hasn't seen any activity in the last 2 years. There are trivial
changes necessary to fix the build of this library with GHC 8.4.x and
these changes have even be proposed by other contributors [2], but
unfortunately the maintainer James Cook appears to have lost interest in
updating this package. I tried to get in contact with James by e-mail but
haven't gotten a response for ~3 weeks.

Best regards,
Peter

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/flexible-defaults