generalize type of Data.Set.unions from List to Foldable

Jan-Willem Maessen jmaessen at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 5 14:46:16 UTC 2018

The biggest argument in favor of unions and unionsWith is that, while
they're easy to write, they're also very easy to write wrong – for example
by using fold instead of foldl' as described rather well in the
conversation so far.  When I use a function like unions I expect to get an
implementation better than the one I'd come up with on my own at the spur
of the moment, and deciding what strictness is more efficient in this case
is actually a little bit subtle.

-Jan-Willem Maessen