Haskell Foldable Wats

David Laing dave.laing.80 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 21:03:51 UTC 2016

If I'm reading these threads correctly - and if I'm horribly mistaken then
I apologise - they mostly are people from the 20% against FTP grumbling
that the users are wrong, while a large chunk of the people from the 80%
for FTP not wanting to spend that sizeable amount of energy again to debate
an old argument.  If that is the case then libraries@ may not be as divided
as it seems.

To take it all back a step, unless I've missed a mail in this thread, we
only have a proposal for adding Functor instances for tuples of larger size
than 2.

If someone wants to put forward a proposal on how to remove the Functor /
Foldable / Traversable instances for tuples - including how to deal with
breakage in existing code and other migration issues - surely that's
another thread, that would start when someone properly fleshes out the
proposal.

Dave