3 release policy

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 00:48:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Richard Eisenberg <eir at cis.upenn.edu>
wrote:

> I wonder if part of the problem is that Haskell is optimized for
> programmers who prize beauty and cleanliness. Warnings are ugly!

Pretty much every shop I've worked at for the last 30 years has had a "must
compile clean with no warnings" policy, no matter the language. The reason
is that as code bases get bigger and older, and gain engineers, it becomes
impossible to know which warnings are "oh yeah, just ignore that" and which
are "oh that's new, maybe we should look at it."