Monad of no `return` Proposal (MRP): Moving `return` out of `Monad`

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Mon Oct 5 20:17:48 UTC 2015

John Wiegley wrote:
> You made a great argument, Henrik, and you've changed my enthusiastic +1 to
> +0, until it can be bundled with some other, more necessary, breaking change.

I, too, am hereby changing my +1 to a 0.

(Even though John himself eventually went back to +1.)

I am one of the people who would eventually pay a steep
price for this change. I voted +1 only because there seemed
to be a clear consensus to do it. I intended to express
with my vote that I am willing to pay that price if there
is such a consensus.

But since then, quite a few very prominent members of
the community have come out strongly against
this change. So I am now climbing back onto the fence,
which is where I will sit until/unless a consensus one
way or the other develops again.

-Yitz