traverse_

Chris Wong lambda.fairy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 04:27:32 UTC 2015

Both traverse and mapM_ are in the GHC 7.10 Prelude for specific reasons.

mapM_ was already in the Prelude before the AMP proposal, so it was
grandfathered in.

traverse is required for writing Traversable instances.

While it would be useful to have it in the Prelude, traverse_ doesn't
fit either of the motivations above. So I think its omission is
intended here.

https://lambda.xyz