HP 2015.2.0.0 and GHC 7.10

John Alfred Nathanael Chee cheecheeo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:01:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Mark Lentczner <mark.lentczner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> *old-locale and old-time* - no longer part of GHC, but cabal-install, cgi
> & HTTP need them - and they are part of the platform - so included now as
> added packages. Not sure this is a great idea, since they are now very
> deprecated... but until cabal-install, cgi, & HTTP update, not sure what
> else to do....

*exceptions* & *multipart* - needed by cgi - is exceptions now subsumed by
> something in transformers? and... multipart? maybe time to drop cgi? We
> didn't have it last time anyway as it wouldn't compile!

Mark,

Thanks for all your hard work on the platform. Haskell Platform compliance
is not currently a goal of cgi and since it wasn't in the platform last
round I'd say it should be treated as a package attempting to be accepted
into the Haskell Platform.

Are old-time and old-locale really deprecated? If so, can
libraries at haskell.org use the nifty 'Deprecated in favor of ...' feature of
hackage like MonadCatchIO-mtl [1] does?

Regarding depedencies, since I've taken over maintenance of cgi the primary
goal has been getting it able to compile with the latest GHC. Compiling
with GHC 7.8 meant dropping MonadCatchIO-mtl and using exceptions.
multipart is nearly a bit for bit copy of some internal cgi code, rather
than duplicating the code, cgi added it as a dependency.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/MonadCatchIO-mtl

--
Love in Jesus Christ, John Alfred Nathanael Chee
http://www.biblegateway.com/