Cabal and simultaneous installations of the same package

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Mar 25 07:17:15 UTC 2015

I replied on the GSoC proposal itself, but since it was cross-posted to the
mailing list, I'll include my comments here too:

I've reviewed this proposal, and I think it outlines a step in a good
direction. As I've discussed with Duncan in the past, my biggest concern
around a system like this is the complexity of the UI for a developer;
having to juggle different environments just to get basic work done could
be a significant hurdle. As long as attention is paid to ensuring no "UI
regression" for simple cases, I think this is worth pursuing.