wither the Platform

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:18:57 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-03-22 at 09:17 +0000, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> On Windows, the reason I used to use the Platform was that it came
> with an installed network library, and installing the network library
> on Windows is a real pain (and often fails). Unfortunately it was
> incredibly brittle, a single attempt at upgrading network from some
> newer package usually trashed my Haskell install and required a wipe
> and restart.
>
> Nowadays I use https://github.com/fpco/minghc which can actually
> install network, and I've had zero problems.

Can we just include this fix into the platform installers? As Mark says,
the Platform has decent automated build & test infrastructure so it
shouldn't be that hard. As I understand it the network problem is just
to do with how much of mingwin we include and not really related to
"min" vs "max" installers.

Duncan