Proposal: instance MonadIO Q

Matthias Hörmann mhoermann at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 13:30:06 UTC 2015

Is there a particular reason to still push MonadIO even though
MonadBase (from transformers-base) is a cleaner, more
general approach that also fits much more nicely with more powerful
abstractions like MonadBaseControl (from monad-control)?

I know it uses MultiParamTypeClasses but is there another, more
practical reason for not using MonadBase IO instead of MonadIO?