Drastic Prelude changes imminent

Christopher Allen cma at bitemyapp.com
Tue Jan 27 19:06:19 UTC 2015

This has been the experience of many (not all) beginners I've worked with
as well.

Confusion with redundancy more often than the concept embedded in the
polymorphic version. It should be said that Functor is usually a titch
easier to learn for new people than Foldable or Traversable even if they're
not complicated to experienced Haskellers.

Another problem is that most books for learning Haskell don't incorporate
much of the typeclasses under discussion, partly because of how new they
are.

I don't think these caveats are a good reason to block or mutilate the BBP.

--- Chris