Drastic Prelude changes imminent

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Tue Jan 27 18:03:08 UTC 2015

I hope we can learn a lesson here that we need a clear specification to
point people to when there are major changes. I pointed this out when the
reddit discussion came up and everyone agreed it should be done, but I
don't think it was ever done. Perhaps we can be stringent on maintaining
such a policy in the future.

I always thought that generalizing Data.List was a mistake, but I figured
it was too late in the process to change it and I didn't understand the
motivation. Code examples for this would be something to put in the
specification.